Sometimes life can get in the way of things… Like cleaning your home. But, if you don’t keep up with it, the work will keep on piling up. Then, cleaning your home starts to seem worse and worse… etc. Let’s not let it get to that point.
So why keep up with cleaning your space? I don’t think I need to explain this too much, but reasons include:
- You’ll feel comfortable having people over (especially surprise guests)
- Peace of mind
- Conserves willpower for more worthy tasks
- Helps you start your day
To make this easy for you, I’ve broken tasks down to a daily and weekly basis. These tasks will take only 30 minutes a day, but you’ll have all the benefits just mentioned ;-).
What to Do on a Daily Basis
Spend 10 minutes every morning and 10 minutes every evening doing the following tasks.
Morning – 10 Minutes
- Make bed.
- Spray shower (I use method’s daily shower cleaner).
- Wipe bathroom sink and counter. Use the product that best suits your counter. I use 409. You can use a Clorox wipe too.
- Empty dishwasher (or put away dry dishes).
- If you made breakfast, wipe down kitchen counters (I use 409).
- If you used the stove, wipe it with a sponge.
Evening – 10 Minutes
- If you had dinner at home, wipe down kitchen counter tops (I use 409).
- Load dishes (or do them if you don’t have a dishwasher).
- Spot vacuum (different for everyone). I do my bedroom because I have dark wooden floors, two cats, and one dog. Depending on if I see a lot of pet hair or not, I’ll do the downstairs rug by my couch. Spot vacuuming is literally whatever you think is getting the dirtiest.
- Pick up and put away clutter before you go to bed.
What to Do on a Weekly Basis
Even though you’re going to be doing relatively small tasks on a daily basis, add just one big task each day. Depending on how big your space is, these “bigger tasks” should only take 10-15 minutes.
Dust (just being honest, I don’t really do this, but I should).
Mirrors and windows (I use Grab Green Glass Cleaner).
Clean fridge (get rid of leftovers and wipe down inside and outside). Wipe down microwave inside and outside. And while you’re at it, clean the kitchen sink.
Laundry. Wash your bed sheets too! I do this in the morning.
Take Sunday off, and then repeat!
Of course, this list does not include deep cleaning.